When we are talk about Homeland Security, we get confused, trapped because lots of options boggling in your mind, but one name which triggered in my mind Twyla Garrett, well known personality in Baltimore. She is serial entrepreneur, professional speaker; founder of IME Inc. simultaneously specializes in Homeland Security. She has technical skills and management experience to contribute to the Homeland Security mission. She is proficient in IT security.
Homeland Security is a broad concept, which also covers how to protect yourself and your company in cyber worls. It plays a significant role in countering threats from cyber attacks. The growing number of serious attacks on essential cyber networks is one of the most serious economic and national security threats our nation faces.
Cyber criminals can target any computer system if it is vulnerable. An important way to protect yourself and others from cyber security incidents is to watch for them and report any that you find. Here are some preventative strategies:
- Set secure passwords and change them frequently. Do not share your passwords to anyone. Make sure you use a combination of letters and numbers not related to anything personal that can be obtain through social media research. Do not give out personal information to unknown person.
- Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates. Most people still ignore updates that popup on their computer systems because they are afraid the updates are viruses. Those updates are there for a reason. Please install them.
- Limit the privacy settings for your company. Your employees should have limited accessed to the Internet and no download capability for things directly derived from the Internet or unknown email contacts.
- Educate workers about computer security and promote security awareness and security protocols
- Pay close attention to website URLs and be suspicious of unknown links or requests sent through email or text message.
- Most people use passwords that are based on personal information and are easy to remember. However, that also makes it easier for an attacker to guess or “crack” them.
So, be sure never repeat these mistakes next time and if you suspect fraud or criminal behaviour? Report it! Remember to stay safe in cyber world.
Homeland Security has a vital mission. It is often about learning from mistakes. So, to prevent from these kind of attacks take expert advice, Twyla Garrett. She has technical or scientific discipline. She has analytical approach in what she does, she always eager to dig into technical questions and examine them from all sides. She is enthusiastic and highly adaptable. She has demonstrated skills in innovation and collaboration. Excellent presentation and communication skills make her Professional Speaker. She has advanced knowledge of general information security concepts and principles, system architectures and development.